Planetary and Marine Computing Help
- Welcome to the Planetary and Marine Computing Website. Planetary and Marine Computing (PMC) is a computing support group that provides local systems support and service to the departments of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Ocean Science, and the Institute of Marine Science.
Planetary and Marine Computing is a member of the PBSci Academic Divisional Computing, the computer and systems support unit for the Division of Physical and Biological Sciences. PBSci Academic Divisional Computing, in turn, is a member of the UCSC campus IT support group, Information Technology Services (ITS). If you need computer related assistance, please contact us via one email addresses below.
- Use the email address from the table corresponding to your affiliation
- You must send email from your ucsc.edu email account as the ITS help system will not except requests from non-university sources
- you may register alternate addresses in your UCSC campus direcotry entry that will be accepted
- if you do not have a ucsc.edu email address please contact your sponsoring faculty or staff member and they may:
- contact us on your behalf
or request a ucsc.edu sundry account for you (see: http://its.ucsc.edu/accounts/forms.html#sundry )
- When requesting help please include:
- your linux username (if reporting a linux problem)
- the name of the machine you are working on
- the room number where the machine is located
- Use subject lines appropriate to the current problem you are reporting
- Don't reply to old tickets if you are reporting a new problem