Authenticating and Releasing your Poster Print Job
- Within a few minutes of printing your job a dialog box should popup asking for authentication to the printer.
- Enter your print printing account credentials.
- Leave the remember me field set to 5 minutes. If set it higher there is a risk that someone else will direct jobs at your print queue if the IP address on the computer should change during the time window or if someone else logins to a shared mac.
- Within a few minutes of authenticating you will receive a message dialog indicating that your job is being held in a hold/release queue for your approval. This is an additional precaution against anyone printing a poster on your account.
- You have 30 minutes after printing to release the job from the hold/release queue. If you do not release the job within 30 minutes it will be deleted.
Click on the "Details" link in the papercut yellow dialog box that was presented when you ran the papercut software client or use a web browser to access the url "http://print.pmc.ucsc.edu:9191/".
- If you get a browser security warning you can click through it safely.
- Login to the accounting software with your poster printing account.
- Click on the "Jobs Pending Release" button in the right hand sidebar.
- You will be presented with a list of jobs in your hold/release queue.
- Select the print button of any job you wish release to the poster printer.